Be a Champion. Get Involved. We can do so much more because of you!
The Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation (PFFWCF) is working to create a FIRE SAFE and BURN FREE Wisconsin. Our Mission is to champion community risk reduction initiatives; promote fire safety and prevention; and deliver meaningful support to burn survivors. fire fighters and communities. Our vision is for all those we serve to be healthy, safe, and supported in their lives and in their communities.
Meet Latoya Eskridge and Brooke Carper, two ladies that highlight the impact the PFFWCF has had in our communities.
At 7 years old, Latoya became a part of our burn survivor community when she joined us as a Burn Camp camper.Today, in her early 30’s, Latoya continues to celebrate life with her burn survivor support network though PFFWCF and is sponsored to attend the Phoenix Society’s World Burn Congress each year.
Brooke is a teenager burn survivor who sustained burns on 60% of her body in a house fire at 14 months old. We enjoyed having Brooke as a Burn Camp camper, raised funds for her prosthetic ear, and connected her with the opportunity to experience Disney World for the first time.
Burn Survivor Support Program
- Supported 50 burn survivors at our 29th annual Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth.
- Gathered in the Wisconsin Dells for our Young Adult Leadership Retreat.
- Moved closer to fulfilling our $100,000 commitment to the UW Burn Center.
- Sponsored a dozen burn survivors and family members to attend the Phoenix Society World Burn Congress.
- Sponsored one teen camper and volunteer staff member to attend the IAFF Young Adult Burn Summit
Fire Safety & Prevention Program
- Released over 400,000 copies of our 26th annual Fire Safety Newspapers in Education program.
- Distributed over 2,000 smoke alarms to 30 Wisconsin fire departments
- Recognized fire safety leaders at our Fire Safety Recognition Luncheon.
- Promoted fire safety through boosted social media campaigns.
- Continued to strengthen the Wisconsin Smoke Alarm Fire Education Coalition and Wisconsin Fire Sprinkler Coalition under our umbrella.
Fire Fighter Support Program
- Launched the 4th annual Wisconsin Fire & EMS Mental Health Survey in partnership with Rogers Research Center.
- Raised and disbursed almost $200,000 in 2023 to fire fighters and their families during times of need through our disaster assistance toolkit.
- Continued to support the PFFW Honor Guard under our umbrella.
- Continued to support the Wisconsin Fire & EMS Memorial.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!