Be a Champion. Get Involved. We can do so much more because of you!
The Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation (PFFWCF) is working to create a FIRE SAFE and BURN FREE Wisconsin. Our Mission is to champion community risk reduction initiatives; promote fire safety and prevention; and deliver meaningful support to burn survivors. fire fighters and communities. Our vision is for all those we serve to be healthy, safe, and supported in their lives and in their communities.
Meet Latoya Eskridge and Brooke Carper, two ladies that highlight the impact the PFFWCF has had in our communities.
At 7 years old, Latoya became a part of our burn survivor community when she joined us as a Burn Camp camper.Today, in her early 30’s, Latoya continues to celebrate life with her burn survivor support network though PFFWCF and is sponsored to attend the Phoenix Society’s World Burn Congress each year.
Brooke is a teenager burn survivor who sustained burns on 60% of her body in a house fire at 14 months old. We enjoyed having Brooke as a Burn Camp camper, raised funds for her prosthetic ear, and connected her with the opportunity to experience Disney World for the first time.
Burn Survivor Support Program
· Hosted our first, ever, virtual 26th Annual Burn Camp for Burn Injured Youth
· Welcomed burn survivors to Wisconsin Dells for our Winter Leadership Retreat for Young Adult Burn Survivors.
· Hosted our 1st Annual Burn Ball benefiting the new UW Burn Center.
· Worked to have the Governor proclaim the first week in February as Burn Awareness Week.
Fire Safety & Prevention Program
· Produced and released our 23rd Annual Fire Safety Newspapers in Education statewide.
· Received a generous FEMA grant for a statewide smoke alarm installation campaign.
· Partnered with Adams Collaborate to post fire safety billboards around Madison.
· Continued to work for fire safety and burn prevention through WisSAFE and WFSC. Fire Fighter Support Program
· Supported the PFFW Honor Guard.
· Continued to assist the Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial
· Began a fire fighter mental health research project with Rogers Behavioral Health.
· Distributed hand cleanser produced by Tito’s Handmade Vodka to Wisconsin fire departments.
· Provided assistance to fire fighters and their families.
Community Support Program
· Awarded a grant to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
· Awarded a grant to the Green Bay Firefighters Historic Preservation Foundation.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!